Monday, June 22, 2009

Mark Your Calendars!!! Inaugural "LaTour de LaTonka"

Get ready boys!!! The first-ever intra-squad competitive race is coming your way!

WHERE: Start/Finish Lake Latonka, Mercer County (my place).

WHAT: A handi-capped, intra-squad 2-team battle of current and former Ag3r/Fox Mellow/Velo riders and invited guests of the Ag3r/Butler Health System Cycling Team. This will be a competition. Imagine a 21-stage race packed into one day! There will be sprint stages, climbing stages, rest stages, and of course, ITTs and TTTs. While there will be individual placings/awards, the emphasis will be on team vs. team competition. Tactics will matter! A full race program will be forthcoming so that all participants can study each stage and prepare accordingly.

WHEN: Sunday, August 16, 7:00 a.m. If all goes well I anticipate that we'll be back by noon.

WHO: You you freakin' slacker!!!

WHY: Been a while since we all got together. Actually, with this crew, I don't think we've ever all been together. Plus it makes me feel like I'm still involved in cycling.

OTHER: For this day and this day only, I will be functioning as Directeur Sportif. I hold sole discretion of team placement & match-ups (which will be announced just prior to the event), stage routes, and any rules I make up along the way. If I am at all fit by then, I will participate as a rider as well. If this happens, I hope to draw Tic out to be the Race Director/Support Vehicle Driver/Keeper of Stats/Radio Man/Phil Ligget/Paul Sherwin/(and most importantly) Bobke all rolled into one (no wait - I get to be Bobke!).

MORE: We will end the race with lots of beverages and food, and of course an awards ceremony. Please plan on being there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment