Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Dirty Joke...

...is me on the MTB.

(image removed)

The opposite of posing is living in Boulder...AND having an altitude tent IN YOUR DORM ROOM!










When I was in college...early 80s...we trained with a rebreathing system. I think it was called "VO2 Max", but I'm not sure. You wore a mask connected to 2 tanks on your back with CO2 scrub crystals in a cannister, then went running/riding while rebreathing your expired O2, which is about 16%, compared to normal air which is 21%. It was PAINFUL, hot, and really uncomfortable. Gee why didn't it last? That system is so archaic now that I couldn't find a hint of it on a google search. I'm frickin' old.

PS Stay tuned for an easy group ride mid-October following the same course as LaTour.

2 comments:

  1. Hey HD - like the full kit? Count as an appearance??? Never had the full kit on before! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. No credit, as the "image (apparently) has been removed" ...???!!!

    ReplyDelete