So my original update was going to be:
"Ten Great Things About Riding Fat"
10. You get to use those tacky club-cut jerseys.
9. Every hill is an interval.
8. No longer lust for a lighter bike.
7. Reminds you why race-fit guys are cocky.
6. Days off are well, just days.
5. If "no pain, no gain" is true, it's all gain.
4. No need to worry about bonking. Rides too short, reserves too deep.
3. Very little guilt about skipping group rides. Or any rides.
2. Chicks dig lycra when stretched to see-through proportions.
and of course
Now for the real update:
This is me, now going on 4 weeks. Ostensibly caused by lifting (improperly) while doing yardwork, but more likely caused by a weak core not ready for riding, water skiing, and rowing. Anyhoo, it sucks. Big time. The past 48 hours have been the first where I've been free of painkillers and nsaids.
The likelihood of CO is nil for me, which (despite my incessant bitching and whining) I was looking forward to.
Enjoy your good health, and take care of it.